House and Home Sitters Ltd have been providing professional house and pet-sitting services in the UK for more than a decade. During that time, our sitters have shared some funny and heartwarming experiences. Here are a few of our favourites:
- The dog who ate the homework: One of our sitters was looking after a dog named Max who was very friendly, but he also had a habit of eating anything that wasn’t nailed down. One day, the sitter came home from doing some quick shopping to find that Max had eaten the homeowner’s child’s homework! The sitter was mortified, but the child’s parents were quite understanding. They said that Max was just being Max and they were more concerned about his wellbeing than about the homework.
- The cat who got stuck in the tree: Another sitter was looking after a cat named Whiskers. Whiskers was a very adventurous cat, and she loved to climb trees. One day, the sitter came home to find that Whiskers was stuck in a tree! The sitter tried to coax Whiskers down, but she wouldn’t budge. In the end, the sitter had to call the fire brigade to rescue Whiskers.
- The dog who had a party: The sitter was looking after a dog named Buddy who was very social, and he loved to have his friends over to play. One day, the sitter came home to find that Buddy had had a party without her permission! The sitter found Buddy surrounded by a group of other dogs, all of whom were covered in mud and leaves. The sitter had to spend the rest of the evening cleaning up the mess!
- Unusual houseguests: Our sitter couple found the homeowner had unexpected visitors in the backyard – a family of ducks had taken up residence in the swimming pool. The sitter had to learn to share the space with these feathered friends.
- The cat who taught the sitter to play fetch: One sitter was looking after a cat named Jasper, who was very playful, and loved to play fetch. One day, while playing fetch with Jasper the sitter realised that she was learning from him! The sitter started to get better and better at throwing the ball, and Jasper started to get better and better at catching it. By the end of the week, the sitter and Jasper were playing fetch like experts!
These are just a few of the many funny and heartwarming anecdotes we have collected over the past ten years. We are grateful to our sitters for sharing their experiences with us and are proud to have them as part of our House and Home Sitters Ltd family.
We hope you enjoyed these. If you have any funny stories of your own, please share them with us in the comments below!